Our Mission is to pursue sustainable development.
Our Statement of Strategy 2015 – 2017 sets out the strategies we will pursue in order to attain our goals to:-
- contribute to national recovery through the timely delivery of our policies and programmes especially in support of job creation
- contribute to public service reform
- ensure good quality housing in sustainable communities
- protect and improve water resources and the quality of drinking water
- support and enable democratic and responsive local government;
- promote and support the development of communities and the community and voluntary sector;
- ensure that planning and building in our regions and communities contributes to sustainable and balanced development and
- monitor, analyse and predict Ireland’s weather.