Met Éireann is the Irish National Meteorological Service.
It is the leading provider of weather information and related services for Ireland.It's mission is to meet the national requirement for high-quality weather forecasts and associated services, with optimum efficiency and value for money.
The National Meteorological Service
- helps to ensure the protection and safety of life and property by issuing public weather forecasts and warnings
- contributes effectively to national prosperity and to Government objectives by supplying relevant meteorological services to all sectors of the economy
- ensures customer satisfaction by continually improving the range and quality of our forecasts, the cost-effectiveness of our operations and our overall standard of service
- fosters a professional and supportive work environment which attracts, retains and develops committed employees
- ensures the maintenance of a high-quality and cost-effective meteorological infrastructure, consistent with national requirements and resources
- meets the State's obligations to provide meteorological services to the Aviation sector
- enhances the quality of our climatological archives and provide easy and effective access to our databases
- participates in the on-going development of meteorological science and its applications in collaboration with our European partners and with the wider international community
- contributes to the effective monitoring and good management of the natural environment.
Further information is available on the Met Éireann website (external link)