Who We Are
We are the Government department that is responsible for housing, planning and local government.
Our Mission is to support:
- the sustainable and efficient delivery of well-planned homes and
- effective local government
Our Statement of Strategy 2016 – 2019 sets out how we will achieve our goals to:
- ensure that planning and building in our regions and communities contributes to sustainable and balanced development
- provide for a stable, sustainable supply of good quality housing
- provide a framework for the sustainable management of water resources from source to sea
- support and enable democratic, responsive and effective local government, effective electoral management and high quality fire services and emergency management
- serve society by producting and communicating reliable weather and climate information to protect life and property and to improve Met Éireann’s role as the authoritative voice for high impact weather in Ireland.