We implement Government policy on radiation issues at National, European and International levels. This includes:
- ensuring Ireland's nuclear policy is co-ordinated between various Government Departments and Agencies
- dealing with UK consultations on nuclear matters
- putting forward Ireland's position at international fora
- transposing EU Directives and ensuring Ireland complies with international treaty obligations
- responsibility for the potential health effects of non-ionising radiation including electromagnetic fields.
- working with the Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Radiological Protection.