The Government is helping local authorities and developers to plan and build better and more houses for people to live in.
We, together with other public, private and voluntary bodies, work to:-
- Provide social housing supports for people who cannot afford to provide a home for themselves;
- Create an environment that encourages builders to deliver houses for people who wish to buy their own home;
- Ensure that the building of houses is to the highest standards and is built in areas where it is needed;
- Improve the quality of rented housing and strengthening tenant and landlord protection; and
- Provide housing support for vulnerable people.