Online Services for Motor Tax
This article was last reviewed 1 year 4 months ago
It is due for its next review in 0 sec
What types of vehicle can be taxed online?
The following tax classes are available for online processing.
- Private Cars
- Goods Vehicles (renewal only)
- Agricultural Tractors, Excavators/Diggers, and Combine Harvesters
- General Haulage Tractors
- Dumpers, Off Road Dumpers and Forklifts
- Vehicles adapted for use by disabled persons
- Motor Caravans (renewal only)
- Vintage/Veteran Vehicles
- Mobile Machines (renewal only)
What do I need to tax my vehicle online?
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and your vehicle registration number to log into the service. A PIN is issued with a motor tax renewal notification, or can be retrieved on the online motor tax website. For first time taxing of a new vehicle (never been taxed previously) or an imported vehicle, the PIN is the last six digits of the vehicle’s chassis (VIN) number.
- Your vehicle insurance details (name of insurer, policy number and expiry date).
- Details of your payment card (Visa or MasterCard).