Online Services for Motor Tax
This article was last reviewed 1 month 4 days ago
It is due for its next review in 11 months 22 hours
What types of vehicle can be taxed online?
The following tax classes are available for online processing.
- Private Cars
- Goods Vehicles (renewal only)
- Agricultural Tractors, Excavators/Diggers, and Combine Harvesters
- General Haulage Tractors
- Dumpers, Off Road Dumpers and Forklifts
- Vehicles adapted for use by disabled persons
- Motor Caravans (renewal only)
- Vintage/Veteran Vehicles
- Mobile Machines (renewal only)
What do I need to tax my vehicle online?
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and your vehicle registration number to log into the service. A PIN is issued with a motor tax renewal notification, or can be retrieved on the online motor tax website. For first time taxing of a new vehicle (never been taxed previously) or an imported vehicle, the PIN is the last six digits of the vehicle’s chassis (VIN) number.
- Your vehicle insurance details (name of insurer, policy number and expiry date).
- Details of your payment card (Visa or MasterCard).