The Department publishes a series of leaflets on all aspects of the planning system and these are available free of charge from the Department or from planning authorities. They cover a whole range of issues including how to make a planning application, lodge an appeal, requirements for change of use, building extensions, in a word everything you need to know but didn't know who to ask.
Leaflets on the planning system are available in PDF format below.
- PL1 - A Guide to Planning Permission (pdf, 242kb)
- PL2 - Making a Planning Application (pdf, 202kb)
- PL3 - Commenting on a Planning Application (pdf, 217kb)
- PL4 - Building a House - The Planning Issues (pdf, 125kb)
- PL5 - Doing Work Around the Houses - The Planning Issues (pdf, 155kb)
- PL6 - Agriculture and Farm Development - The Planning Issues (pdf, 164kb)
- PL7 - Planning and the Business Person (pdf, 158kb)
- PL8 - The Development Plan (pdf, 151kb)
- PL9 - Environment Impact Assessment (pdf, 154kb)
- PL10 - Making a Planning Appeal (pdf, 161kb)
- PL11 - Guide to the Building Control System (pdf, 152kb)
- PL12 - Guide to Architectural Heritage (pdf, 171kb)
- PL13 - Archaeology in the Planning Process (pdf, 666kb)
- PL14 - Guide to Planning Enforcement in Ireland (pdf, 1,673kb)