Night Time Check
Most people carry out a “Last Thing at Night” check on our homes to make sure that they are secure from burglars, etc. We should include a "Routine Fire Safety Check". This should only take a couple of minutes but it could mean the difference between Life and Death.
Walk around your home and:
- Unplug all unnecessary electrical appliances and turn off all unnecessary gas appliances.
- Make sure all candles and naked flames are extinguished.
- Place a fireguard in front of any open fire.
- Empty all ashtrays.
- Check all escape routes are clear of obstructions. Its easy to trip in the dark.
- Check that the correct keys are available for any doors that need unlocking
- Close all doors to reduce the spread of fire and smoke.
National Directorate for Fire and Emergency Management
The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government
Thank you for helping us to improve housing.gov.ie
The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government requires customers to provide certain personal data in order to carry out our legislative and administrative functions. The Department will treat all information and personal data that you provide as confidential, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection legislation. Personal data may be exchanged with other Government Departments, local authorities, agencies under the aegis of the Department, or other public bodies, in certain circumstances where this is provided for by law.
The Department's Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statements, which set out how we will use your personal data, as well as providing information regarding your rights as a data subject, are available on the Department’s website. They are also available in hard copy upon request from the Data Protection Officer, Department of Housing, Planning abd Local Government, Newtown Road, Wexford, email firstname.lastname@example.org.