National Traveller Accommodation Consultative Committee
The National Traveller Accommodation Consultative Committee (NTACC) was established, on a statutory basis, under the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998.
The terms of reference of the Committee are to advise the Minister in relation to:
- any general matter concerning accommodation for Travellers
- any matter referred to it by the Minister
- the most appropriate measures for improving, at local level, consultation with, and participation of, Travellers in the provision and management of accommodation
- general matters concerning the preparation, adequacy, implementation and co-operation of Traveller accommodation programmes.
The Minister of State for Housing and Urban Development Damien English T.D., appointed on 9th January 2020 the seventh NTACC for a three-year term, in accordance with sections 19 and 20 of the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998.
|Dr. Eoin O’Sullivan||Chairperson (Minister's Nominee)|
|Mr. Conor Smith||
Traveller Unit, Northern Ireland Housing Executive
|Ms. Niamh Milliken||
Senior Social Worker, South Dublin County Council
|Mr. Bernard Joyce||Irish Traveller Movement|
|Mr. Martin Collins||Pavee Point Travellers’ Centre|
|Ms. Bridget Kelly||National Traveller Women’s Forum|
|Ms. Eimear O'Brien||Department of Justice & Equality|
|Mr. Frank Curran||
County and City Management Association, Chief Executive,
Wicklow County Council
|Mr. Joe Peoples||
County and City Management Association,
Director of Housing, Corporte and Cultural Services, Donegal County
|Cllr. Thomas Mulligan||Association of Irish Local Government, Leitrim County Council|
|Cllr. Tom Welby||Association of Irish Local Government, Galway County Council|
|Mr. Paul Benson||
Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government, Principal Officer,
Traveller Accommodation and Support Unit
The Secretary to the NTACC is Ms. Deborah O'Sullivan (e-mail: Deborah.O'Sullivan@housing.gov.)
The following research reports were carried out for the National Traveller Accommodation Committee:
- Review of Funding for Traveller-specific Accommodation and the Implementation of Traveller Accommodation Programmes
- Why Travellers leave Traveller-specific accommodation (pdf, 233kb), published April 2014.
- Research into the barriers to the provision of Traveller Accommodation (pdf, 785kb), published 2009.
- Review of the Operation of the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act, 1998, (pdf, 226kb) published June 2004.
Thank you for helping us to improve housing.gov.ie
The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government requires customers to provide certain personal data in order to carry out our legislative and administrative functions. The Department will treat all information and personal data that you provide as confidential, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection legislation. Personal data may be exchanged with other Government Departments, local authorities, agencies under the aegis of the Department, or other public bodies, in certain circumstances where this is provided for by law.
The Department's Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statements, which set out how we will use your personal data, as well as providing information regarding your rights as a data subject, are available on the Department’s website. They are also available in hard copy upon request from the Data Protection Officer, Department of Housing, Planning abd Local Government, Newtown Road, Wexford, email email@example.com.