National Traveller Accommodation Consultative Committee
The National Traveller Accommodation Consultative Committee (NTACC) was established, on a statutory basis, under the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998.
The terms of reference of the Committee are to advise the Minister in relation to:
- any general matter concerning accommodation for Travellers
- any matter referred to it by the Minister
- the most appropriate measures for improving, at local level, consultation with, and participation of, Travellers in the provision and management of accommodation
- general matters concerning the preparation, adequacy, implementation and co-operation of Traveller accommodation programmes.
The Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government Simon Coveney T.D., appointed on 2 November 2016 the sixth NTACC for a three-year term, in accordance with sections 19 and 20 of the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998.
|Dr. Eoin O’Sullivan||Chairperson (Minister's Nominee)|
|Mr. Conor Smith||Traveller Unit, Northern Ireland Housing Executive (Minister’s Nominee)|
|Ms. Rosemarie Maughan Mouzali||Irish Traveller Movement|
|Mr. Martin Collins||Pavee Point Travellers’ Centre|
|Ms. Ann Doherty, Cork City Council||County and City Managers’ Association|
|Mr. Michael Walsh, Waterford City and County Council||County and City Managers’ Association|
|Mr. Michael Duffy||Department of Justice & Equality|
|Cllr. Damian Geoghegan||Association of Irish Local Government|
|Cllr. Tom Welby||Association of Irish Local Government|
|Ms. Bridget Kelly||National Traveller Women’s Forum|
|Ms. Niamh Milliken||Senior Social Worker, South Dublin County Council (Minister’s Nominee)|
|Mr David Kelly||Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government|
The Secretary to the NTACC is Ms. Deborah O'Sullivan (e-mail: Deborah.O'Sullivan@housing.gov.)
The following research reports were carried out for the National Traveller Accommodation Committee:
- Review of Funding for Traveller-specific Accommodation and the Implementation of Traveller Accommodation Programmes
- Why Travellers leave Traveller-specific accommodation (pdf, 233kb), published April 2014.
- Research into the barriers to the provision of Traveller Accommodation (pdf, 785kb), published 2009.
- Review of the Operation of the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act, 1998, (pdf, 226kb) published June 2004.