Custom House Visitor Centre - Accessibility
The Custom House Visitor Centre is currently closed for operational reasons. However, it is intended to have it redeveloped and upgraded as a key Decade of Centenaries legacy project to mark 100 years since the burning of the Custom House on May 25, 1921.
As the Custom House is a heritage building, remedial measures to allow for wheelchair access directly to the Visitor Centre are not possible.
However, wheelchair users can access the Visitor Centre through the main reception of the Custom House on Beresford Place.
Ideally, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the Department’s Disability Access Officer (Physical Access) at +353 (0)1 888 2411 or by email at Facilities@housing.gov.ie or CHvisitorcentre@housing.gov.ie