Technical Guidance Document L- Conservation of Fuel and Energy – Dwellings
- Part L - Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings (2017)
- Part L - Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings (2011)
- Part L- Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings (2007) (Reprint 2008)
- Part L- Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings (2002)(Reprint 2005)
- Technical Guidance Document L- Conservation of Fuel and Energy – Dwellings 1997
- Technical Guidance Document L- Conservation of Fuel and Energy – Dwellings 1991
Part L and Part F 2019
Acceptable Construction Details
These Acceptable Construction Details (ACDs) focus on thermal bridging and airtightness. This guide will help appropriate persons to achieve the performance standards in the Technical Guidance Document (TGD) to Part L of the Building Regulations 2011 – Conservation of Fuel and Energy – Dwellings.
The guide is presented in 2 sections. Section 1 discusses the general theory of insulation continuity and airtightness in construction. Section 2, in seven separate parts, provides indicative detail drawings of thermal insulation and airtightness provisions for specific construction interfaces.
- Section 2 – Acceptable Construction Details
This is the supporting document referred to in Par 1.4.1 of Technical Guidance Document L - Dwellings 2007. It is a source of guidance on the means of complying with the requirements of the Building Regulations for space heating systems and hot water systems.
This document contains the detailed guidance referred to in paragraph 2.2 of Technical Guidance Document L - Dwellings 2007 to assess specific situations where the provision of condensing boilers is not practicable. It is also included as an appendix in the document "Heating and Domestic Hot Water Systems for Dwellings - Achieving Compliance with Part L".
Dwellings Energy Assessment Procedure
The Dwellings Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) methodology required to show compliance of dwellings with Regulation L2(a) of Part L, as amended by the Building Regulations (Amendment) Regulations 2005 (S.I No. 873 of 2005), and contained in the May 2006 Edition of TGD L, can be accessed and downloaded from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland's website.
The following are links to databases which also support the DEAP procedure: -