Every household should have access to secure, good quality housing suited to their needs at an affordable price in a sustainable community, that is the Government’s vision for the people of Ireland.
What is the Government doing to deliver sufficient homes for all the people?
The Government is helping local authorities and developers to plan and build better and more houses for people to live in. In this Department, working together with public, private and voluntary bodies we are:-
- Providing social housing supports for people who cannot afford to provide a home for themselves.
- Providing an environment that encourages builders to deliver houses for people who wish to buy their own home.
- Ensuring that the building of houses is to the highest standards and is built in areas where it is needed
- Improving the quality of rented housing and strengthening tenant and landlord protection
- Providing housing support for vulnerable people
- Supporting and building strong sustainable communities