Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Other local authority housing scheme statistics

Data is available on a quarterly or annual basis depending on the specific statistic.

Extensions to local authority housing

This scheme enables local authorities to extend rented local authority houses to cater for households who would otherwise have to be placed on a social housing list.

Improvement works in lieu of housing

Under this scheme, the local authority may improve or extend a privately owned house where it is necessary to reduce overcrowding or to accommodate a household member who is not able to live in the house currently.

Sale of sites scheme

Under this scheme, a local authority may make housing sites available at low cost. Households who have been approved for social housing or local authority tenants can access this scheme. Tenant purchasers or certain tenants of approved housing bodies can also apply.

Sale of local authority houses

Further information on Tenant Purchase Schemes is available.

Housing adaptation grants

A Housing Adaptation Grant is available where changes need to be made to a home to make it suitable for a person with a physical, sensory or intellectual disability or mental health difficulty to live in. There are three types of grant available; Housing aid for people with a disability, Mobility aid grant, and Housing adaptation grant for older people. They have been in operation since 2008.

These new schemes above replaced Disabled Persons and Essential Repairs Grants on 1 November 2007.

Sub topic