Navigational Safety Considerations
Marine navigational safety issues must be considered when preparing an application for foreshore consent. This is to allow possible risks to navigation and the marine environment to be considered. The information submitted by the applicant will be assessed by the Marine Safety Directorate who will then submit a recommendation to the Minister.
In the application, the applicant will need to:
Identify the types of traffic potentially affected
2. Establish shipping movements / routes through which this traffic transits
This information can be sourced from:
a. the Irish Coast Guard,
b. the Commissioners of Irish Lights,
c. the Irish Naval Service,
d. local harbour authorities,
e. fishing co-ops and sailing clubs etc.
3. Determine the impact, if any, the proposed development may have on marine traffic.
4. Consider the impacts of both the construction / development and operational phases.
5. Describe mitigating measures to be put in place to prevent interaction.
6. Where the applicant perceives that there will not be any impact, provide a clear statement to this effect and the grounds on which the statement is based.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and particular projects may require significant additional detail.
Thank you for helping us to improve housing.gov.ie
The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government requires customers to provide certain personal data in order to carry out our legislative and administrative functions. The Department will treat all information and personal data that you provide as confidential, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection legislation. Personal data may be exchanged with other Government Departments, local authorities, agencies under the aegis of the Department, or other public bodies, in certain circumstances where this is provided for by law.
The Department's Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statements, which set out how we will use your personal data, as well as providing information regarding your rights as a data subject, are available on the Department’s website. They are also available in hard copy upon request from the Data Protection Officer, Department of Housing, Planning abd Local Government, Newtown Road, Wexford, email email@example.com.