An Fóram Uisce (The Water Forum)
An Fóram Uisce was statutorily established in June 2018, pursuant to the Water Services Act 2017. Upon its statutory establishment, the pre-existing Public Water Forum and the National Rural Water Services Committee were dissolved and their functions transferred to An Fóram.
An Fóram provides an opportunity for stakeholders to debate and analyse a range of issues with regard to water quality, rural water concerns, issues affecting customers of Irish Water and the implementation of the EU Water Framework Directive
In particular, the functions of An Fóram include but are not limited to:
- advising the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government in respect of water conservation, rural water services and the interests of the customers of Irish Water;
- advising the Water Policy Advisory Committee in relation to the implementation of the EU Water Framework Directive in Ireland;
- making recommendations to Irish Water in relation to the performance of its functions;
- advising and providing observations to the Commission for Regulation of Utilities;
- examining such other water-related matters as the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government requests and advising the Minister accordingly.
For more information on An Fóram Uisce, please visit its website at www.nationalwaterforum.ie
Thank you for helping us to improve housing.gov.ie
The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government requires customers to provide certain personal data in order to carry out our legislative and administrative functions. The Department will treat all information and personal data that you provide as confidential, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection legislation. Personal data may be exchanged with other Government Departments, local authorities, agencies under the aegis of the Department, or other public bodies, in certain circumstances where this is provided for by law.
The Department's Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statements, which set out how we will use your personal data, as well as providing information regarding your rights as a data subject, are available on the Department’s website. They are also available in hard copy upon request from the Data Protection Officer, Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government, Newtown Road, Wexford, email email@example.com.